»

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Auntie Joan and Uncle Gary's Wedding

We woke up surprisingly early the day of Auntie Joan and Uncle Gary's wedding... Daddy was nice enough to grab NY Bagels and Lox for all of us staying at the Soho Grande Hotel while Mommy and I ran the other way to get Wedding Cards...

We made the mistake of changing hotels from the Soho Grande to the Brooklyn Marriott, not realizing that we weren't really that far from Brooklyn - we could have just stayed put and not had to rush rush rush that morning!

We had a ginormous room at the Marriott (at least double the size of the Soho Grande!) so it was nice to have some breathing room!

They're wedding colors were yellow and black, so it was pretty clever of them to have yellow and black school buses to shuttle everyone from the hotel to the Church to the reception and back to the hotel! It was also clever of them to say the ceremony was an hour earlier than it actually was to ensure that everyone was on time! The ceremony was beautiful, brought Mommy to tears... I wanted to play more than anything, so I sat outside for some of the ceremony.


Going back on the school bus was a tricky thing... Mommy had to share a seat with a stranger (a bigger dude) and hold me at the same time - no seat belts or car seats! She also wanted me to take a nap so I wouldn't be cranky... took me a little while to fall asleep because there was so much to see and so many conversations to hear, but I finally did it! I was asleep for the beginning part of the reception, sleeping on Daddy's shoulder...

When I woke up, I was surprised to see everyone! It took a little getting used to seeing everyone, but I warmed up eventually. I loved going through Auntie Mel's purse and finding all her shiny lip gloss and lipstick! She even put some on me! We took some group pictures - men with babies and women with babies! Auntie Joan had these great centerpieces - their table numbers were years and on each side there was a picture of Auntie Joan and a picture of Uncle Gary.


I couldn't wait to dance! I was so excited to hear music, that I would just run on the dance floor anytime music played! There were a few times that I probably shouldn't have been on the dance floor (like dinner time), but nobody seemed to mind. I could stay on the dance floor all night long! I was pretty pooped out from dancing, so I didn't get to witness the adults shenanigans...Ninong JB was nice enough to hold me while I was sleeping! Thanks Ninong!

What a great day!

0 comments: