»

Friday, March 27, 2009

My first allergist appointment

Mommy and Daddy were also concerned that I was allergic to more than what was previously diagnosed because I still get reactions even though I don't eat anything I shouldn't. We visited an allergist on Friday and she gave us a lot of information about my "allergies".

Turns out that I may not be allergic to these foods after all, but it might be leaky gut syndrome. Everyone is born with a "leaky gut". Basically, my gut is not mature enough to handle certain foods yet. Once my stomach is able to handle these foods, I'll be able to eat them. If I was really allergic to them, I'd be allergic to them for the rest of my life... so now, doctors are saying that infant allergies aren't really allergies... it's leaky gut syndrome.

Also, it won't be good for me if I try to gradually introduce these foods to my diet. We just have to wait until my stomach is mature enough to handle them.


They had all kinds of toys at the allergists office!
They even had a treasure chest at the end, where I could pick out whatever I wanted!
I chose stickers, of course!



Here is the allergy panel on my back.
Don't be alarmed, the red markings were done with a washable marker - just so the allergist could know where the pricks were done.
Can you spot my allergic reactions? You'll see 4 raised bumps on my back...



I was in a better mood when it was all over!
My back was really itchy and it really annoyed me that I couldn't scratch back there!




0 comments: