»

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Note From Mommy

Here's what my precious little angel has been up to lately...

* She's crawling all over the place now... we spend most of our time in the living room, on her play mat and whenever I need to run to the bathroom, she's usually at the door by the time I finish (number one!) - Gosh, she's a really fast crawler! She loves to pull herself up though... She spends 99% of her time in her playard standing up and watching us. Who cares about the toys in it! She'll just cruise around the playard - walking all around it in a circle (rectangle?). She loves to walk back and forth on the sofa and love seat too.

* She tries to stand in her bathtub... We've got a brave little one - she needs to learn that soap = slippery = fall = OUCH!

* Someone told me she was small yesterday... it was the first time I ever heard that!

stranger: "how old is she"
me: "nine months"
stranger "she's a tiny little thing, I thought she was younger!"

I was used to hearing people say how "tall" she was for her age! When we went to the doc's for her 9 month appointment, she measured in the 75th percentile for her height and she used to measure in the 90's so I guess she isn't growing lengthwise as quickly as she was before... She's also now in the 30th percentile for her weight and she used to be in the 50th percentile - this is because of how active she is now.

* Addison's reactions to strangers:
I still don't know if it's her mood or the actual stranger themselves that determines how she will react to them.
Most of the time, she will stare (just STARE! and sometimes squeal) at a stranger until they look at her and she'll give them a flirty smile and giggle (sometimes wave, and now clap her hands).
There is the rare occasion that a stranger will do what seems like everything in their power to make her smile and Addison will just look at them blankly... no smile.
Wouldn't it be cool if Addison had this innate superpower where she could determine whether this stranger is a good person or not? Because that's the only theory I have right now...

* Addison learned to wave "hi" and "bye"... and I mean vigorously wave!

* Addison loves to zerbert me... anywhere and everywhere she can - my face, my leg (when she wants to pull herself up), my stomach, my arm... etc... It makes us both crack up! I guess she figures it's funny when people blow raspberries onto her stomach, why wouldn't it be funny if she did it to mommy?

* I'm trying to teach her how to kiss me... I'll make a kissy kissy sound and kiss her on the lips. What I meant to teach her was for her to kiss me whenever I make a kissy kissy sound...
Guess what she learned to do instead... she learned to make a kissy kissy sound.

* Teething (so far) has been extremely easy - she never had a fever, never complained or got fussy. She's bitten me a few times on my finger and nose a few times... the other day she bit me on my nose so hard that I actually teared up! Her bottom teeth were in my left nostril when she bit down and shook her head.

* She hasn't been pulling at her ears that much... I was really paranoid that she would just yank the earrings out of her ears!

* Addison sneezes at the first sight of sun, like I do... Does anyone else? because James says I'm the only one he knows that does this...

* She can say "ADDI ADDI" it sounds like "AH- di"... of course she doesn't mean to say her name at this age, but she can make the sounds... she can also make the NE, BA, MA, BU, DE sounds.

* She shakes her head "NO" a lot... the other day I was on the phone and I said "I know" and she shook her head "NO"!

* She's been waking up in the middle of the night to play lately. She doesn't wake up and cry or anything, she just rolls over and sits up, looks around and then she starts clapping or making playful noises... I pretend I'm still sleeping so that MAYBE she'll go back to sleep, but then she'll climb on me and pull my hair or ZERBERT me! I guess that "pretending I'm asleep" trick only works on older kids because I still have to put Addi to sleep an hour later!

* I'm cutting down her naps from 3 naps a day to 2 naps... The less frequent naps are supposed to get longer and sometimes they are and sometimes they're not! It was great having her sleep three different times a day - I would get to do things while she was asleep, even if it was for only 20-30 minutes. I could start a load of laundry during her first nap and fold the load by her second nap (if I was lucky)... the bad thing about her frequent naps was that it took a lot of time to put her down for her naps too... sometimes it would take more time to put her to sleep than the actual nap itself! what a waste of time! But now I only have to put her to sleep three times a day... I wish she fell asleep (and stayed asleep!) as easy as her Daddy!

* as I type this I'm watching her on her video monitor - I can see her stirring... more next time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do sneeze at first sight of the sun, sorry.. and I think Kev does too.