»

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Addi's "Da choos"

It's me again... kinda difficult to blog in order, so this is ANOTHER out-of-order post because I don't want to forget what's been going on lately!

We've got quite the polite little girl here - She learned how to say "Thank you" a few weeks ago... but it sounds more like "Da choo" or "Day Too".

She first used it correctly - saying thank you when receiving something...

then she used it to ask for something... it'll get louder and louder if you don't give it to her...
Addi: (sticks out her hand) day too
Addi: (points to it) Day Too
Addi: (whines): DAY CHOOOO!

then you give her whatever she's asking for
Addi: day too

TODAY:
she handed me a towel I dropped when I loaded the dryer and said
"day choo"

I guess she's learning how to teach others how to say thank you too!

We're also encouraging her to feed herself (yesterday she fed herself spaghetti - imagine what a mess that was! pictures to follow...)

In turn, she likes to feed me too... James always makes fun of me because I open my mouth and say "Ahhh" when I'm feeding her. Now she does the same thing too! Earlier she had a fistful of cheerios and she said "Ahhh" while putting them in front of my mouth (oh! she's try
ing to feed me!). So I opened my mouth and the entire fistful of Cheerios was shoved into my mouth - she was careful... if any were about to fall, she made sure to SHOVE them back in. Needless to say, her hand was covered in my saliva! yuck!

oh Addi... you gotta love her!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

that's my girl!