»

Friday, August 1, 2008

Addi's Uh-oh's

From Mommy...

I'm trying to update the blog in order of events, but I have to blog about 3 things that happened in the last 2 days...

YESTERDAY - I usually let Addi play with my phone. She likes to pretend that she's talking on the phone and she'll put the phone to her ear and pretend to make a call... Some of you have received calls from my phone, but really.... it's Addi!

Every now and then she'll "misplace" my phone and I won't notice it's missing... well yesterday I was trying to find my phone and no luck... later on in the day I hear my phone ringing and I'm thinking "Where is that coming from?!?" Guess where I found it....



In the diaper dekor (our diaper bin) ! I answered the phone, but I had to get off ASAP because the phone smelled like dirty diapers! GROSS!

TODAY - Ever since Addi outgrew her swing, I've been trying to find ways to keep her occupied/entertained while I take a shower. I tried putting her playard in front of the bathroom (it's too big though) and usually I'll wait for her nap. Time is a commodity now and I try to do other things while she's napping.... so today, I put her highchair in front of the bathroom while I showered with the door open. I strapped her in, snapped her tray in place and gave her a cookie and toys to play with. Of course, she finished her cookie in no time and dropped her toys on the ground. I ran out and grabbed a book that was beside her to let her "read". She dropped the book and I wasn't going to give it to her because I knew that she would learn to drop things to get my attention.... anyhow.... I have no idea how she did this, but she got out of her 3-point harness and got her legs from under the high chair tray and stood up on her seat... luckily I found her in time and grabbed (and scolded) her! She's such a little escape artist!

and a monkey - James taught her how to climb up on the couches a couple of days ago, so it's been her favorite thing to do lately... I was talking on the phone beside her and she climbed up on the couch and walked right off it! I don't think she would have cried if I didn't scream, but she cried...

little monkey!

0 comments: