»

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pretend Play

I was going to write this post after I was completely up-to-date with the other posts... but who knows when that will happen! I might as well do this now!

Addi, oh Addi... she's got quite the imagination nowadays and it totally cracks us up! She's starting to get into pretend play, which is interesting... I'll go from the easiest ones...

She'll pretend to sneeze
... but her pretend sneezes sound like she's saying "bless you" (which she LOVES to say whenever anyone sneezes!) so she'll randomly yell out "BASHOU!"

She'll pretend she's sad
... for no reason. She'll say "I crying" and pout, expecting you to comfort her.
She'll request you to be sad as well... then she'll pat your back and say it's ok.
I try to teach her to say other emotions, but she'll insist that I have to be sad and crying, so she can comfort me... 'sup with that?!?

She'll pretend to talk on the phone
... with anything, a real phone (that's off), a toy phone, a remote control... and if there's nothing available, her hand.
She either talks to Daddy or Uncle Josh.
She'll say a lot of "Hi"'s, "Wha Doing?" "I fine" "uh huh"'s and "no"'s
I think I mentioned this before, but she still LOVES to "talk on the phone" (and probably always will...)

She has pretend play with her toys
... She has two "Marie-Chan" dolls. The character is called Marie-chan in Japan and I got the small doll in Japan - the name clicked and we tried to teach that name to Addi, but she calls them "Zhan-chan", even though she can say "Marie"... go figure... anyways, one is bigger than the other. The bigger one is "Mommy zhan-chan" and the little one is "baby zhan-chan".
She often has conversations between the two of them, and she'll voice both of the dolls or she'll talk to them.
Tonight, for example:
Baby Zhan Chan - "Up-a-daisy" (that's how Addi requests us to pick her up)
Mommy Zhan Chan - "OK"
MZC - "Up, down, up, down" , as Addi holds MZC's hands to lift up BZC

BZC - "I love you, Mommy"
MZC - "I love you, baby"

She'll also pretend to feed them, clean them (with her wipes), play the sad game...etc

She'll pretend she's a doctor
... Her buddy Torrey got her a doctor set, and she loves to listen to my heart and look inside my mouth. I asked her if she wanted to be a doctor and she said "no". She wants to be a dancer... alrighty then.

She'll pretend there's music on
... and dance to the music in her head. Tonight at dinner, she pointed to the speaker (which was playing no music) and said "dance, dance!" while dancing...
or she'll pretend she's Beyonce and shake her booty! lol
~Note to readers: we are NOT Beyonce fans... I don't know how Addi became a fan!?


She'll pretend to take pictures or smile for the camera
...when we DON'T have the camera ready! She got a toy camera for her birthday, which she LOVES and she'll pretend to take pictures of her dolls. She just hams it up when I use her pretend camera to take "pictures" of her... but when my REAL camera comes out, forget about it! If she sees us taking pictures of something else, she'll start cheesing! Note to Ray: Pay attention to Addi when you're taking pictures of Xavier one time... she'll probably yell out CHEEEEEEEESE!


0 comments: