»

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Geopree...

Boy oh boy...

I think I'm going to let Mommy tell you this story!

Joy and I were shopping at Macy's and I needed to feed Addison. So we split up and decided to meet later. After I fed Addison, I walked around Macy's - checking out the shoes, accessories and basically the first floor. I meet Joy outside of Macy's - I look up and I see her on the second floor (looking down at us). I look down to see how Addi's doing and I think to myself...
"Something's different..."
...
...
...
"Ohmigod... GEOPREE'S MISSING!!!"

Some things you need to understand:
1. Geopree is always with us
2. We "forgot" Geopree the day before (His horns were pretty crunchy and I wanted to wash him) and Addison cried every time we were in the car... ask Joy.
3. GEOPREE IS ALWAYS WITH US

I didn't want to be one of those mom's ... one of those mom's who are frantically searching for a lost lovey on EBAY and willing to pay anything for a replica... I didn't realize Addi would become so attached to this thing.

I shoulda taken Kathy Chang's advice and gotten a few back-up Geoprees...
(Note to new parents out there - Get back up lovey's)

BACK TO THE STORY...

Joy makes it down to us and I tell her the news...
"Geopree's missing"
"Oh no!"

So we both walk quickly through Macy's, following the same path that I took (Imagine "Family Circus"... we were following the dotted line)
Searching the floor, looking frantic...
I ask a saleslady "Have you seen a Giraffe?"
She says "try the shoe department"

We walk/run to the shoe department and the salesman walks up to us and asks
"Did you lose a stuffed animal?"
I scream out "YES!"
and he takes us to the counter that Geopree is casually sitting on...

I SWEAR IT WAS A "CHARIOT'S OF FIRE" MOMENT
I'm running in slow motion, then I swoop up Geopree and shake him in front of Addi...

I wasn't going to give him to her... he fell on the floor!
and she would put him straight in her mouth...

AFTER THAT ADRENALINE RUSH...

We went straight to Baby Place and asked if they had anymore Giraffes like Geopree...
I needed a Back up!
of course they didn't...

Guess I'll have to wean Addison off Geopree!

I SWEAR I'm not going to be one of those mom's on EBAY!





0 comments: