»

Friday, January 23, 2009

Note From Mommy

Posted by Picasa

Man! It's been so long since I've done a "Note from Mommy"... everytime I do one, I look back at the last one and think, "has it really been x months since the last one?!? What have I been doing? What has SHE been doing?!?"

Addison will be 20 months old tomorrow... I don't know where time has gone! Earlier this month I looked at my darling baby only to see a little girl... :( I guess that's why James and I have been talking about "the next one" recently ~ we no longer have a baby... In case you wanted to know, we plan on "trying" again next winter... but we're not really "not trying" right now, so whatever happens, happens!

Running, Running, Running
Addison has stopped walking... she decided that running is faster and she will do it loudly! She stomps her feet when she runs and the downstairs neighbor has already come up to complain... (I have a 19 month old - too bad! that's what you get for living in a building! I told her there's a 2 year old that lives above us, but we get it)

Singing, Singing, Singing
She loves to "sing", especially hand action songs. If her daddy is around, she INSISTS that he sings along with us. She will stop what she's doing and yell out "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" until he's singing with us.
Skidamarink - she does all the actions, but only says "I love you"

Itsy Bitsy Spider - does all the actions, but only says "Bitty Bitty Spi-daw", requests it by saying "Bitty Bitty"

Row Your boat - rows through the song, says "Row, row, row" and "Mare-dy, Mare-dy, Mare-dy", requests it by saying "Row, Row, Row" - usually after singing the ABC song... the other day at Storytime, Addi started saying Row, row, row during "Next time won't you sing with me"

Twinkle, Twinkle - does all the actions, only says "apo bao da" (up above the)

ABC - says "C, D" and long pause until "Q,R,S" and she finishes the song... don't know why she pauses for all those letters!

Going to the Zoo - no actions, she only says "zoo, zoo, zoo" how about "zoo zoo zoo" *should be "you, you, you"

Walking, walking - she'll do the actions, says "Running, Running, running" and "stop"

If you're happy and you know it - you've seen the video...



Counting
(pause) too twee too twee sis seben ayt nan teh
(noise) (noise) huh-tee huh-tee huh-tee huh-tee....

"I know"
She now says "I know" in response to "You're cute" and "You're pretty"... I'm trying to teach her to say "Thank you" after these phrases, but it's already lodged in her brain to say "I know"... YIKES!

semi-shy
I'm trying to figure out her social nature...
She's outgoing and not-clingy if:
-we're around people that she sees on at least a monthly basis
-we're with 1-4 people
-we're around a lot of people that I don't know (like shopping or at a playground - she'll just randomly talk to people!)

She's withdrawn and clingy if:
-we're around a lot of people that we DO know... like at family parties
... Isn't it weird?!? I don't know what it is...


Talking
I think she learns at least one new word a day!
Her vocabulary is definitely expanding!
She is saying "yes" and "no" more appropriately now, although Daddy doesn't seem to listen to her when she says "no"

Daddy: Would you like some banana?
Addi: No
Daddy puts a piece of banana in her mouth.

she used to say "Go" after "ready, set" and now she'll say "ready... go" whenever we're "racing". She'll say "stop" when we have to stop running.

animals:
zee bwa - zebra
seep - sheep
woo -kangaroo
kee tee - kitty
hos - horse
bah nee - bunny
... etc - she has new toys from Christmas and we've been naming animals ...

food:
see yal - cereal
o meaw - oatmeal
sha shage - sausage
peas - peas
con - corn
wice -rice
tsips - "chips" (kellogg's corn flakes!)

actions:
seeps - sleep
jamp - jump
wunning - run
dow - sit

it's getting harder and harder to think of what she says because she's talking so much now! Some words and phrases are getting clearer too - like "thank you" and "water" (used to be Ah do, now it's ba ter)

Eating Habits
She's an oinker...we're amazed at how much this skinny girl can eat and still maintain her "less than 5th percentile" weight... I wish I had her metabolism!
She likes what she likes - she's definitely a carnivore - she loves to eat any kind of meat/fish... I guess it's easier to chew than veggies. She loves to eat fruit, bananas especially! She loves to eat rice and gluten-free pasta.
The only veggies she'll eat are peas or corn, the kind of veggies that end up in her diaper later... we'll try to get her to eat other veggies, but she will chew 'em up and spit 'em out!

Testing Limits
The "terrible twos" aren't too far away... she already tests me by disobeying me when I say "no" to the following things:
no climbing - I have to take her away from whatever she's climbing. She won't just listen to me and stop. She'll repeat my "no" and say "down" and attempt to say "dangerous"... but she'll still try to climb.
no throwing - she still throws her empty bowl off her high chair. I usually try to ignore her, but if I pick it up and put it on her tray, she'll look me straight in the eye and throw the bowl on the floor again... I HAVE TO SET BOUNDARIES.

Laughing
She loves to laugh and her laugh is contagious!

Daddy = fun
I was rejected by her the other day:
Addi wanted to go running out in the hall and she was calling out for her Daddy. James was a little busy, so I was going to go out with her. She looked at me and said "Daddy! Daddy!"... the first time I was ever rejected by her... now I know what it feels like! boo!



0 comments: