»

Monday, January 26, 2009

Note from Mommy

I forgot A LOT of little things that Addi does, and I didn't want to wait until next time (that might be another 3 months from now... yikes!). I'm making a Lunar New Year's Resolution (does that even exist?) to do a "Note from Mommy" AT LEAST once a month!

"come"
If Addi wants you to follow her, she'll say "come" and squeeze her hand in a "come here" motion... Sometimes, she'll take you by the hand to lead you wherever she wants to go!

secrets
Usually at night, we'll exchange "secrets" with each other - I'll whisper in her ear and she'll whisper in my ear... she's getting really good at this - she used to either talk out loud in my ear or whisper, but not in my ear. It's totally cute and she's been doing this with Daddy too!

"reading" her books
Sometimes she'll grab a book and pretend she's reading it... she uses SO MUCH emotion and nods her head as she reads... I wonder what she's thinking!

Letter recognition
I should be WAY MORE disciplined with teaching Addi her letters instead of playing Dolly with her, because I've taught kids her age before... So, I've been channeling Miss. Marie from a previous life and playing kids songs and trying to do "lessons"... I haven't done a "lesson" since November or December, but she still remembers the letters we did "A, S, O" (chosen for their distinguishable shapes)... another Lunar New Year Resolution: Letter Recognition!

Hair
Her bangs go past her nose right now and I swear, she prefers to have her hair in her face instead of tied back! I feel like I'm constantly putting something in Addi's hair, only for her to take it right off! She looks Snuffalupagus(?) or a sheep dog... Uncle Josh says she looks like Boy George! Daddy thinks her long lashes keep her hair out of her eyes.

Getting into things
I guess this will never end, will it? She loves to go through drawers and pull everything out - It's semi-babyproof because we don't have anything dangerous in the drawers... but *sigh* one thing she loves to do is pulling floss out of the dispenser... we have two floss dispensers with floss wrapped around the outside of the dispenser because of her. They are now out of her reach.

Towel, please
One good thing about pulling things out of drawers is when it's bath time, I can ask her to grab her towel from her dresser and she'll bring it to me. Unfortunately, most of the time she drags her towel on the floor to bring it to me in the bathroom - but she's learning, right?

Putting away her laundry
I usually fold laundry in the livingroom and once it's folded, Addi will help me take her folded clothes from the livingroom to her dresser. Rarely does a folded piece of clothing get to her dresser folded... but she likes to be a helper and I don't mind refolding a few pieces of clothing... for now, anyways!

Mommy's and Grandma's helper
Addi loves to help around the house... don't get me wrong, she still makes 100 times more of a mess than she cleans up, but she tries... she'll sing the "clean up" song with me while she puts maybe 3 things away... while I put away the other 97 (I'm overexaggerating...) She likes to "vacuum" - the vacuum is on and she does the motion, but she doesn't really pick up too much since she vacuums the same spot over and over and over again... and she'll wipe up her toys with a baby wipe. She helps Grandma too... yesterday, she helped Grandma load the dishwasher - a spoon here and there.

Jealousy around other babies
I've never seen Addison jealous around other babies - she never cares if I'm holding another baby... I've seen OTHER kids jealous when their moms hold babies, but not Addi... not until last Saturday! Baby Ella was crying and I was trying to soothe her by rocking and singing to her. Addi was trying to grab my arms and at first I thought she was trying to grab Ella to soothe her herself because Addi and I play a game with her dolly - I sway dolly first and then Addi copies me. Anyways, I wasn't about to let Addi grab Ella (I think they weigh about the same now)... so Addi starts crying too! I'm standing there, rocking Ella, trying to get Addi to stop crying too and eventually, I have both of them in each arm and I'm rocking both of them and singing.
... It was at that moment that I decided that I'm not ready to have a toddler and a newborn. Yikes!

Our Door
She knows our door - we can walk through the hallway and she knows which one is ours. It's not that difficult and she's known it for quite some time now, but she used to try to walk to our neighbour's door!

More soon!

0 comments: