»

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Daddy's Surprise Party

Daddy's 35th Birthday fell on Super Bowl Sunday this year. Mommy and I thought it would be a great idea to throw him a surprise Super Bowl Party! The plan was to make him think it would be just a few of us watching the game at Ninong JB's house - we would BBQ a little and have some food, but it would be like any ordinary BBQ at Ninong JB's house... but we'd watch the game.

Daddy didn't know that we invited a bunch of his friends and family over (45 replied "yes" on the evite as of Sunday... 30 replied yes as of Thursday, go figure!) and we even had a couple of surprise guests from LA!

On Sunday morning, Mommy tried her best to maintain her composure... trying to act as normal as possible, while freaking out inside! She needed to cook a few dishes, just so daddy wouldn't get suspicious (he would get suspicious if we didn't bring any food!) Mommy made sure to stall as much as she could because Daddy said he wanted to get to Ninong's house by noon and the guests were supposed to arrive at 1:30. Long story short, she did an awesome job of stalling and Daddy didn't get in the shower until 1:15.

Mommy had her phone on vibrate the entire morning and would only check her phone when Daddy was out of the area. Daddy and I ran around the courtyard for about 20 minutes (to get me tired so I would nap... great idea, Mommy!), while Mommy made most of her calls.

We were on our way! Mommy sent out periodic texts to let everyone know where we were... we finally arrived at the house at around 2:30...

Daddy was the first to walk in the door and everyone yelled out "SURPRISE!"... Daddy was definitely surprised to see everyone there!

We still need to get copies of pictures from Uncle Joey, the official photographer (We have them on Kodak gallery, but I can't post them on the blog)

Here are some pics from Mommy's camera:


Here I am with a handful of the kids that were here...
Ate was kind enough to watch me AND feed me while Mommy was cooking and Daddy was making his rounds!
Thanks Ate!


We had lots of fun playing outside!



"Ay-yah" loved playing with the garden hose!



We found these cigars to play with!




Everyone loved to sit on this wall!



I finally took a nap! Auntie Megan put me to sleep...
Here are my cousins from Sac!



"Suprise!"
I guess you don't need to know how to spell to decorate cakes!



Daddy blows out his candles!



The birthday boy!




The suprisee and the supriser!
LOL!



Me and Auntie Mansi.
Gimme that camera!



Mommy helps me take a picture of Auntie Mansi, Daddy and Auntie Charlie.


Auntie Charlie helps me take a picture of Mommy and Daddy.



I take a picture of Ninong JB and Auntie Mansi.


I take a picture of Auntie Charlie and Daddy.



Here I am with our surprise guests from LA!



Me and Uncle Joey.



Auntie Angie and I watch Eebee.



I hope you liked your surprise!
Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday James (rather belatedly!)
What a nice suPrise!

--GrampaFrank