»

Friday, February 20, 2009

Stickers on the Mirror

We got these awesome stickers in the mail one day... actually, they were personalized labels for our DVDs. Mommy kept them up high for the longest time, but I finally got my little hands on these beautiful stickers! I decided to decorate the hall mirror with these beautiful labels...


I can peel them off myself! I don't need any help!



This one would look good ... right.... there.



I was only going to do a few, but then I decided to put ALL of them on the mirror!



later... while I was napping...


....


....


Mommy tried to take them off... no luck - these were super labels that were supposed to stay on your DVDs for a very long time.

Mommy tried peeling it, no luck.

Online research pointed her towards... PEANUT BUTTER.
(It's the most kid-friendly solution AND with the PB scare, I needed to get rid of the stuff!)


It didn't work at first, but I had to leave it on for like 10 hours before the adhesive would come off...
LESSON LEARNED!
No more stickers on mirrors!

1 comments:

Joylynn said...

I never knew about PB.. hmm. Another thing that works GREAT (and fast!), is rubbing alcohol. It works wonders for picture frame glass, too! It drives me nuts when you find a beautiful picture frame, but they put those sticky price-tags right on the front of it, directly on the glass! Grr! That is usually horrid to try to get off. The 'gummy' residue just tends to smear if you keep trying to scratch it off. But if you put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball, paper towel, ect., you can get it off very easy. And it only takes a couple of minutes. ~ Hope that helps! :-)