»

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Addison Sylyn

Mommy and Daddy wanted me to have a pretty unique name... I guess Addison isn't really unique anymore since it's #6 in the top 100 baby names for 2007! It won't be too hard for me to find my name on magnets or Christmas ornaments pretty soon!

Sylyn came from my two Grandma's:
"Syl" from my Lola Sylvia (mommy's mommy)
"Lyn" from Grandma Lynne (daddy's mommy)

Addison is pronounced A'-DE-SEN with the primary stress on the first syllable
Sylyn is pronounced SIL-LIN' with the primary stress on the second syllable... (like a window sill and like lin garden... or rhymes with chin)

I guess we should have posted this earlier to clear this up for some people... someone recently asked mommy how to pronounce my middle name... they thought it was CY-LINE... (first syllable rhymes with my and last syllable rhymes with mine)

uh... no

0 comments: