»

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Note from Mommy pt.2 (or 3?)

I wanted to write a blog about Addison's little quirks and personality traits.... I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but I just never got around to it!

I don't know if some of these traits are "Addison" or if she's like this because of her age. Also, please excuse me if you've heard these before... I'm just writing as these come to me!

* Addison started clicking her tongue... she doesn't say "DADA DADA" as much anymore, she's seemed to replace that sound with clicking her tongue... I don't know if it's from the antibiotics, because it started at the same time ... I called the doc today to ask her, but she didn't call me back - I'll have to try again tomorrow!

* She's refusing solid food now... she started refusing it the day after we started giving her medicine. She'll turn her head, purse her lips, shake her head really hard and whine. She also cries when James gives her medicine. He has had to resort to forcing her to take it...holding her head and arms down while putting the medicine in her mouth... I think that's why she hates taking medicine so much!

* James feels really bad about giving her medicine... he hates it! I hate that I can't give it to her and I have to just sit there and watch, pass a wet paper towel now and then... But almost every time he finishes, he makes a funny face at Addi and she'll giggle! He said he's so glad that Addison has such a short short-term memory because it seems like she forgets all about "medicine time" and she'll still smile at him!

* It doesn't take much to make Addison smile... I can just look at her for a second and she'll smile... I LOVE IT!

* I'm trying to master the "Mommy" look... I haven't got it down yet. Addison will just smile while I try not to laugh!
Addison loves to climb on things (chairs, my legs, her swing, her playard) and the other day, I pulled her from a chair and I stared at her and said sternly, "NO Addison. That's dangerous. You will hurt yourself" and I tried to give her the look. She stared at me for 3 seconds, as if she was deciding what to do and she smiled at me... I just stared at her with my Mommy look and she looked away, still smiling...
I'm in big trouble.

* Addison can pull herself up to standing position. She did it for the first time on Sunday... IN THE BATHTUB! The most slippery place to be and she pulled herself up! It scared the * out of me, because I turned around for a second to grab a towel and she was pulling herself up! I dropped the towel on my lap and put my hands around her (but not touching her) to catch her... I wanted to see if she could do it... AND SHE CAN DO IT! She pulled herself up to standing again the next day while we were playing on the floor. She tried to push herself up with her ABC wheel, but it's way too light, so she ended up pushing the wheel away from her.

* Addison has been "presenting" (as I like to call it). Certain female primitive monkeys show their butts to male monkeys when they're fertile... "presenting" haha! Addison gets on all fours and lifts her butt in the air and she looks like one of those monkeys!

* Addison is "regular" again... she's been going daily since she started refusing solid food... what a nice break from those "solid food-stinky" diapers! and since she's going more often, they haven't been as EXPLOSIVE as before... another thing I need to talk to the doc about!

* Addison is completely thrown off her sleep schedule. Before the holidays, she was in bed at 8pm and up (for good) at 7am, with 3 naps during the day... the naps would range from 40 minutes to 150 minutes. During the holidays, she treated 8pm more like naptime and she would wake up an hour later to play (she would often miss at least one nap a day) and she would be up until midnight some nights! Now, she's back to sleep for the night between 8pm and 10pm. She hasn't been consistent - Saturday and Sunday night she treated 8pm as naptime, but last night and tonight she's been down for the night... we're almost back on track.

* I've been trying the pacifier on her for the last week... she HATES the silicone nipple, and would rather put the hard plastic side in her mouth...

* She puts everything in her mouth... she now likes her teething ring, but she definitely prefers harder things, like my phone or my finger. She hasn't started drooling yet, so that eases my "teething" tensions... (I'm not ready for her to start teething yet... will I ever be?)

* I LOVE HER TOOTHLESS GRINS!

* She loves to show off her toothless grins before bedtime... she gets really giggly and she'll laugh at ANYTHING!

* She loves to be "thrown" in the air... I haven't actually thrown her up in the air and let go yet, but she loves the fast motion, even if I'm holding her the whole time!

* Addison's a really light sleeper. I think James' snoring wakes her up sometimes! She stirs a lot through the night... she definitely has my sleep patterns... James could sleep through an earthquake... just kidding! (maybe)

* I love to put her to sleep every night. I usually rock her and sing to her and sometimes she likes to "sing" along... her current lullaby (since October) is "Edelweiss". Needless to say, I was very happy when "The Sound of Music" was on TV last week...

* She rarely looks at whose holding her... she'd rather look at other people. Even when we're playing in the mirror... she'd rather play with my reflection than look at me!

* Sometimes she'll "arm bar" you if you hold her... she likes her distance... she can be cuddly sometimes, but other times, I'll try to cuddle hug her and she'll whine. She is MY daughter, after all... I was hoping she'd inherit James' cuddle gene!

* She loves to crawl all over the place... she doesn't like to stay on her floor mat.

* She likes to bounce to music... or maybe just bounce in general! But when I have music on (usually 98.1 - R&B from the 60's to now, but mostly oldies), she'll bounce!

* Addi's hair is starting (or has been starting) to grow back... Her head looks like a fuzz ball!

* Grandma Dolly's nickname for her is "ONE BALL" because Addi's head is so round... Just like the One ball piece in Mah Jong. She's no longer called "CRISPY" because of her Crispy Pata thighs!

hmmm... I'll have to write more next time... I'm running out of quirks!

0 comments: