»

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Mommy!

On Tuesday, Mommy wanted to spend the day downtown, so Daddy and I obliged!

We were going to take "the better way" at first, but it was a pretty rainy day... Lola was nice enough to drive home for lunch to let us use her car (this was actually going to be the only day that Lola had her car).

We were going to have lunch on the Danforth, but decided to skip it and go to the St. Lawrence Market instead.

We parked in Mommy's old neighbourhood - the one she grew up in.

the Esplanade... represent!
It's too bad it wasn't a pretty day...



We had to take this picture quickly! or else we'd look creepy!

We walked by Mommy's Elementary school during recess and Mommy saw a few teachers (Mrs. Montano and Mrs. Suda) that recognized her. We were able to go inside the school and see Mrs. De Courcy, Mommy's 2nd, 3rd and 8th grade teacher. She was very happy to meet us!



The Market wasn't full like it normally is on Saturdays, so I was able to run around!



Mommy and me in front of an olive shop.



Daddy and me at the St. Lawrence Market.

We enjoyed our sandwiches for lunch - a peameal bacon sandwich from Carousel Bakery and a Chicken Parmigiana sandwich from Mustachio's. Yummmy! I was only able to eat the peameal though. Mommy was tempted to get a bunch of pastries and tarts, but we decided against it... we had no room in our food tour schedule to eat these!
Ninang Rach met us at the Market and we hung out for a while... we decided to go shopping at the Eaton Centre before dinner.




Once we got to the Eaton Centre, we wanted to check out Dundas Square...
Once we got to Dundas Square, we wanted to go to Jack Astor's for drinks instead of shop.



Standing on top of the world at Dundas Square.




See Jack Astor's on the right? That's where we went.




Daddy and I strolled through the "AH-DOW" fountains.


Daddy, Ninang Rach and me in front of the Eaton Centre.



We sat on the patio - I even got my own seat!
(that I barely sat in!)



Ninang Rach, Mommy and me.



Our view of the CN tower and Eaton Centre.




Eaton Centre, streetcars and pedestrians.


Dundas Square.

After drinks (I drank "AH-DOW"), we met Lola and Tiyo Kevin at Ruth's Chris for dinner.



Tiyo Kevin!


Daddy's food... he requested drawn butter to go with his steak.
This Ruth's Chris experience wasn't as good as our past experiences... don't go for the prime time deal - just order what you want... Daddy regretted not ordering his usual - the Cowboy ribeye... Mommy enjoyed her meal, a petite filet.
Lola order a combo platter and instead of the stuffed chicken, we ordered a plain chicken breast for me.



Lola, me and my plain chicken.



Huh?



Enjoying our dessert!



Happy Birthday Mommy!


What's going on over there?


One day, I want to play the piano like Tiyo Kevin.



Lola and me.



The Canadian geese at the Eaton Centre.

0 comments: