»

Sunday, October 12, 2008

YYZ to SFO

After lunch at Lin Garden, Mommy needed to finish packing - we thought we'd have a little more time to do other things (other than pack), but time just slipped away from us!

Ninang Trae and Uncle Fran were kind enough to take 3 of our 5 luggages (and 2 carry ons and 2 backpacks!) at lunch. They slipped something extra in Mommy's luggage (which she didn't find until we were in California!)... Daddy drove us (including Lola and Tiyo Kevin) to the airport - we were a little pressed for time since... well, when aren't we pressed for time?!? Uncle Fran met us at the airport and watched us as we shuffled things from our 65 pound (!) luggage to the other 4 luggages. Success! Even though the Ketchup chips were crushed, they still tasted delicious days later!

There was a long customs line-up and I was already getting sick of being carried in the sling. Mommy and Daddy took turns carrying me, but all I wanted to do was run around! Customs and the metal detector were a breeze! We got through without a hitch... Mommy and Daddy wanted to eat before we got on the plane, since airplane food SUCKS now!


My Daddy! We can relax now! We have an hour until our flight...



Mommy, me and Birthday bear...

We took a ride in the golf cart to see how far our gate was... well, that ended up being the only reason we took a ride. We thought there was a restaurant closer to our gate than the one closest to the metal detectors entrance, but there was no access... so we ended taking the golf cart all the way back!

It's really helpful to have the lady with the golf cart driving around Pearson airport... This is such a thoughtful service for people who can't get around easily or parents with small children. I wish they had this service at every airport!



At the restaurant - Mommy and Daddy didn't end up getting anything to eat here because the waitress told them it would take way too long to get our food since it was so busy!
They didn't think I could open this sugar packet, but I did!
If you read carefully, my shirt says "SUGAR"!




Daddy and I on the golf cart...
Mommy was getting food for us and she rushed to the gate to make it on time!


We got our own row!
The flight was extremely full, with the only empty seat being the one in our row.
The check in attendant told us that someone was sitting in between us (Daddy was sitting in the window seat, and Mommy and I were sitting in the aisle seat). Daddy talked to the flight attendant about this and they were kind enough to make it happen!


Mommy and Me!

Note from Mommy:
This flight was borderline horrendous...
I guess I'm saying this now, since our flight to Toronto was easy-peasy... even though I was alone with Addi!
James and I agreed that we would tag-team Addi duty instead of doing it together, so at least one of us (at a time) could get rest and we'd feel at least a little rested.
This was a great idea...
Addi slept for the first hour after take off. I struggled to get her back to sleep and I was trying SO hard to get her to go back to sleep again and she just flat out refused! She was wide awake! I guess I was still exhausted from lack of sleep or ... I don't know what my excuse was, but because our last flight was a red-eye, I felt like Addi should sleep this entire flight too... BUT THIS FLIGHT WASN'T A RED-EYE... and it was at a time that Addi is usually awake... BUT I FORGOT... I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING!

So I pretty much drove myself crazy for trying to get Addi to sleep on the plane, when she could have stayed awake and played... She was really annoyed with me trying to put her to sleep and I guess it made her cranky. She cried a few times (I DID NOT want to be the parents with the crying baby!) and she just wanted to run around on the plane (which she couldn't do ... those arm rests are at her eye-level!)

I guess James was just following my lead and trying to get her to sleep too... So she fought with him most of the time too!

I should have let her stay awake for at least the first half of the flight... then maybe she would have slept a little for the last half... AND she wouldn't have fought me and then be cranky for the rest of the flight. It didn't cross my mind that she would still get a full-night of sleep by the time we got home until... well, until we got off the plane!

LESSON LEARNED

0 comments: