»

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My First Birthday Party!

Oooh! What luck!

My first birthday fell on a Saturday, so we were able to have my first birthday party on my actual birthday!

I was able to spend my birthday with family and friends... and even though I may not remember this day when I'm older, I still had a fantastic time!

Mommy checked the forecast almost everyday for weeks leading up to my big day... initially the weather was supposed to be beautiful and sunny, but as my birthday was approaching, the weather called for rain... Mommy doubted it and doubted it until the morning of my birthday. It drizzled throughout the day, but it was nothing more than spitting rain... Thank Goodness! My party wasn't completely ruined!


Auntie Chee-deh and me at home.
Ninong Ray & Auntie Chee-deh came over to help us before the party!



G-ma Marites, G-pa Dennis and me.




G-ma Babes and me.


Auntie Christina, Izzy, Ate Jordyn & me.



G-pa Butch, G-ma Ross & me.



Grandpa Trevor & me.



The BBQ pit.


G-ma Babes and me!



G-ma Babes, G-ma Ross & me!



G-pa Butch & me!


Grandma Dolly & me.



Uncle Nilo, Auntie Christina & me!



Ninong Ray, his lasagna dog and his white shirt...
For anyone else, this would be a bad combination, but like everything else - Ninong made it work!



Courtyard seats to the BBQ pit...



We had A LOT of food!
One table was for the appetizers - salads and dips, lumpia & empanada...
One table was for the entrees - BBQ pork, chicken, pancit, honey garlic meatballs, mac & cheese, lasagna...
and the last table for dessert!




Uncle Ace, Auntie Anna, Izzy, Buck & me!




Auntie La & me!


G-ma Belen, G-pa Larry & me!



G-ma Rose, G-pa Billy & me!



Auntie Johanna, Uncle Alain, Amerie & me!


Daddy the BBQ man and me!



Daddy, Mama & me!



My two grandmas take me for a walk.



The statue game!
Dance til the music stops... if you move, you're out!



I get to dance with Lola Syl!


The adult statue game... it took some coaxing, but we finally got the adults to play!



Uncle Maurice was frozen in this position!



G-pa Dennis was the grand champion... his prize?
A pair of DEPENDS underwear!



Uncle Josh, Auntie Christina & me!



The sponge race game!

The Amazing Race begins...
And they're off!



Station 1:
Testing your wits...
How many ways can YOU say "one"?




ROADBLOCK:
What are you willing to eat for the grand prize?
Would you eat a vienna sausage, string cheese and drink a juice bag?
How fast could you do it?



DETOUR:
Chase & Change - one team member had to chase the other around an obstacle 5 times and then diaper them...

OR

Star Performer - sing and act out 3 different kids songs (not pictured here)





A race to the finish line!



Uncle Oliver was pooped...
figuratively speaking!



A photo-op for Auntie Tanya & Uncle Oliver!



Uncle Nilo & Auntie Christina are the winners!
It pays to know your kid songs!
They were just waiting at the finish line for everyone else!




Uncle Oliver needs to catch his breath!



I get to take a picture with the winners!
Notice their colour co-ordination!



Uncle Oliver, his diapers... me, my diapers...



My very first birthday cake!
It was yummy!
White cake with fresh strawberry filling!



My First candle on my first cake!
(all those month birthday cakes were just practice... this is my REAL FIRST CAKE!)



Everyone sings Happy Birthday to me!




Where's my other hand?
I want to clap now!



Cousin Simon helps me blow out my first candle!



I'm get my first feel of my birthday cake!



I had a special little cake of my own!
I touched it, but I didn't really want to get messy - so Daddy had to show me how to do it!
Daddy feeds me!


Daddy feeds mommy!



Family Cake Face!


Enjoying my birthday cake, I hope!



Wardrobe change...
I got icing all over my pink dress!


Auntie Anna, Uncle Steve and me!



Uncle Steve wanted to do a funny face picture...
Looks like it's just him!



Uncle Steve, Ninong JB, Uncle TJ, Auntie Michelle and me!



Me and my four dads!


Girls rule!



Uncle Anand, Auntie Nidhi & me!



My Dada and me!



Mama & me!


Uncle Ryan & me!



Uncle Ryan, Cousin Isaac, Auntie Stephanie & me!



Uncle Eric, Cousin Emily, Auntie Tanya & me!


I tried on Auntie Anna's sunglasses...



Me and my Lola Syl.


I feel like a princess!


Let's go over there, Lola!



If this isn't commitment to the game, I don't know what is!



Uncle Jason, Auntie Monica, Malcolm, Simon, Elijah & me!



What a great party!
Thank you everyone for coming!



0 comments: