»

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Addi and Ison day!

On Friday, August 29, Auntie La dropped off Ison early in the morning (even earlier than my wake up time!). We ate breakfast together and my crazy Mommy thought it would be fun to go to the playground together. I guess it seemed like a good idea, but then again - it was one of the hottest days of the month AND we only had one stroller... and it wasn't a tandem stroller!

So, on the hottest day of the month, my crazy Mommy decided to wear me in my Moby Wrap (which hasn't been used since I was maybe 5 pounds lighter) and push Ison in my stroller.

I got flashbacks of being 8 months pregnant and pulling AJ in his wagon and walking to the park... slowly, but surely... positive thoughts, people! positive thoughts!



Ison in my stroller.
He figured out how to take the removable tray off... something I've yet to learn!



Here's what we looked like on the hottest day of the month.
Mommy's already "glistening"... ok.. sweating.



First - the swings.
Ison's choice, not mine!




I'm seated properly now.
Ison wanted to go higher and higher!
He kept saying "PUSH", but once he got a little too high, he would grit his teeth and say "STOOOOOP"!






ooooh! Shade!!!




We paused to go down the slides, but Mommy didn't take a picture of us.
Here we are on the swings again.

After the park, we went to the library
A) because it's fun to read books
B) because it's on the way home
C) because it's air conditioned and it was getting way too hot at this time of day!

Mommy read us a few books (3 other girls sat down with us to listen, point at pictures, count together and make animal noises)




We came home for lunch - I sat in my booster on the dining table and Ison sat in my high chair.


Auntie La took us all to the Ice Creamery.

Great Story - I fell asleep in my car seat on the way to pick up Aisley and instead of waking me up, Mommy let me sleep on her shoulder while we were all at the Ice Creamery. An older lady sitting at the table next to us said "She's really sleeping, isn't she?" and Mommy said "yes, she's out".
Later, we waved our waiter over to order some more yummy fries and he said "Just to let you know, your bill has been taken care of". Mommy and Auntie La looked around to see the other people in the restaurant and he said "The couple that was sitting in the table next to you paid for your bill". By now, a family was sitting at that very table.

We didn't even get to thank them for their kindness! Mommy and Auntie La were very surprised and shocked that they did that!

As a joke - Auntie La said "They must have thought we were single moms with 3 kids and wanted to help us out"... ha! But it's good to know that there are still nice people out there... It's time for us to Pay It Forward! (I'm still trying to find something to do to pay it forward)

We all went swimming and Daddy met us in the pool after he got home from work. I love being thrown up in the air! and I love my floaty bathing suit! Nobody even has to hold me, I'll just float in the water! Mommy did a little experiment and threw me up in the air and didn't catch me. She wanted to see if I would just float in the water - I didn't... I sank down, but I floated back up right away! I didn't cry - I just coughed out the water that was in my mouth... I even said "up" to be thrown up in the air again! But Mommy was shaken up and didn't want to do it again!

Later that night we celebrated Daddy and Ninong Ray's first week of work by eating at Olive Garden and having Never Ending Pasta Bowl - What a great deal - $8.95 for all you can eat pasta and they'll even let you take food home! so it was $8.95 for dinner that night and lunch and dinner the next day! We had an awesome waitress too! I was completely exhausted from the day with Ison, so I let everybody know that I wanted to go to sleep... NOW!


0 comments: