»

Thursday, September 18, 2008

My first Wednesday in Toronto

Mommy made plans to have lunch with the "Lunch Buddies" on Wednesday... this was my first trip downtown AND my first TTC experience! What a beautiful day outside - the warmest day of our trip so far!

We were running behind in the morning (of course!) because Mommy couldn't figure out Seyla's old stroller and we missed the bus. We caught the next one and it was one of the buses that lower to the ground - it was so easy for Mommy to get me on the bus by herself!


Waiting for the bus...
I think I see it coming!



Me on the RT - you can't really tell of course!

We had to go up and down a bunch of elevators - I don't understand why there isn't just one elevator at Kennedy station that goes all the way down to the subway?!? PITA!
I was lucky enough to ride a nearly packed train beside a couple of little kids who entertained me with their funny faces and songs. I started getting antsy as we approached Yonge Station, but luckily we got out of the train for a different environment.

We had to go up and down 3 elevators at Yonge station!
First, we went up the elevator from the Bloor-Danforth Line to the Yonge Northbound trains.
Next, we went up the elevator to the ticket booth level.
Finally, we went down the elevator to the Southbound trains.
Talk about making it difficult for the mobile-challenged!

We finally made it to Wellesley station and walked to Ninang Rach's and Auntie Mel's work. We were so happy to see them! We needed to find a place that would be able to accommodate my stroller - Zelda's on Church and Wellesley was the restaurant of choice!



Here I am with Auntie Mel, Ninang Rach and our waiter... who exclaimed:
"Do I look like a piece of meat?
A man outside smacked me on the butt and said I deserved it because I dress provocatively!
Do I look like I'm dressed provocatively?
It's hot outside and I have to roll my sleeves up!"
You're hot.

After lunch, Mommy wanted to show me Yonge St. and we walked down to the Eaton Centre.
A lot has changed since the last time Mommy was here... Dundas Square looks amazing!




We went to Trinity Square so I could run around.
I chased the pigeons around - they weren't afraid of me at all!
Maybe it's because we're almost the same size.




Here Pidgie, pidgie, pidgie!




Walking the labriynth...


The birds distracted my concentration...



This thing is long!



We hung out at the mall for a little while - Mommy enjoyed a Yogen Fruz - something she's been missing out on for 2 years! I couldn't share any with her :(

We walked around until I fell asleep and made our way to Queen West to meet Ninang Jo.
We called Tiyo Kev to see what he was up to and he was on his way out of his house, but we were able to come over for a little while (he passed us the keys) to freshen up. He lives super close to MuchMusic - they were even doing an interview right outside his door!

I'm in Tiyo Kev's living room!
Whoa!


Ninang Jo met us at Tiyo Kev's house.
We walked along Queen West and looked for a place to have dinner. I can't eat pasta or pizza, so Terroni's was out of the question. We ate at Irie for Jamaican food. Mommy asked the hostess if there was anything I could eat first.

Mommy and I ordered a Jamaican curry dinner. Ninang Jo had Butter Chicken. We waited for Tiyo Kev to get here. In the meantime, Ninang Jo taught me how to:



He's taking too long...
Let me see where Tiyo Kev is...


Tiyo Kev? Where are you?
Hurry up!


Ninang Jo, Tiyo Kev and me.
Yes, that picture behind us is made of human hair - all the pictures in Irie are made of human hair... it's kinda hard to eat and look at it!



Mommy and me at Irie!



The pictures blurry again...
Here's my first picture with the CN Tower taken in front of Tiyo Kev's place.

0 comments: